The key to doing more during a 24-hour day is DOING LESS!
Here are some tips that have been working for me in my quest to have a more productive day:
- Stop trying to multi-task.
- Organize and clean your workspace; get rid of the clutter.
- Create a list of what you want to accomplish.
- Focus on one thing at a time and get it done before starting something else.
- Check your e-mail less often (schedule specific times each day to read and respond to email).
- Reduce the amount of programs and files that are open on your computer.
- If you have side hobbies like I do; set apart a time to work on those, but not at the same time you’re trying to get some work done.
- Take regular periodic brakes and get away from your desk, go outside; Perhaps two 15-minute breaks and a lunch break during your workday.
I realized that if I want to actually get a lot of work done I have to be organized and focused. I’ve accomplished much more this week than past weeks as a result of putting these ideas into practice.